The BHA PTO is a unique parent teacher organization different from many of the other organizations. The Brighter Horizons Academy PTO group were responsible for many of the volunteering activities that this school was built on. It is not intended to be a boast for the PTO, but only to extend the credit to the parents and teachers, in general, who made the school into what it is today.
The BHA PTO strives to continually engage the parents and teachers in a cooperative manner in the interest of providing a sense of wholeness to the students at large on campus. Without them, our activities would become null – it is only through this that Brighter Horizons Academy prides itself on the fact of being a BHA family, because it was the families who came together and jointly brought this school together.
PTO BOARD OF DIRECTORS 2014-2016
Chairperson : Ruba Kuzbari
Vice Chairperson : Huma Khan
Secretary : Mai Mahmoud
Treasurer : Rania Shahadeh
Events Officer : Mona El-Dardiry
Volunteer Coordinator : Mona Alrhibani
Room Parent Coordinator : Rihab (Rusha) Alrhibani
Fundraising/PR : Eman Taloi
Newsletter/Membership : Rabia Khattak
Our primary goal
Our primary objective as a PTO is to provide our School with funds, educational programs, resources and services that will enrich and maximize the Islamic education and values of our children. To meet this goal we need your help. We need to raise funds as well as volunteers like you to make it happen.
The PTO sponsored many activities such as annual Eid celebration, Eid store, Sports Picnic, Winter Challenge Party, Fajr & Qiyam Programs, Coffee with the Leadership events, Parent Workshops and
Teachers appreciation Week. We also donated microscopes for Science lab and laptops for juniors. In order to cover the expenses we raised funds through our monthly Lunch/bake sale, Jummah lunch program, Box tops, Penny drive, Event fundraisers and the Carnival.
PTO Sponsored Projects:
- IPads, cases and cart for ECE: $24,000
- Bikes & Helmets purchased for the PreK & KG students: $825
- New & Updated Water Fountains purchased & installed at both buildings: $4,600
- Technology Project: $30,650
- 50 Laptops with two charging carts
- Desktops for ECE classrooms
- ECE Math & Reading Manipulatives: $6,800
- Microscope for Main Building: $4,277
- Donations & Gifts to various school departments: $13,600
Upcoming Projects 2016-2018
- Laptops for the Social Studies Department: $7000 (Project Completed)
- Purchase new Desktop computers for computer labs on both buildings: $45,000
- Scoreboard for the Gym: $8000
- ECE Classroom Libraries: $30,000
How can you help
There are endless possibilities in ways you can help. We have many ways in which you can contribute your time and efforts to help us achieve our goal. Please fill out the volunteer sign up form. Also please pay your annual PTO membership dues $10/family with your first tuition payment. We truly appreciate your help and support and are looking forward to meeting you soon.