Our academic counselors align and work with the Academy’s mission to support the academic achievement of all students to ensure they are prepared to become the next generation of parents, workers, leaders and citizens. Students need support, guidance and opportunities during this time of rapid growth and change. They will face unique and diverse challenges, both personally and developmentally, that have an impact on academic achievement. Our academic guidance counselors are devoted to meeting the needs of our middle and high school students.
Through one-on-one counseling sessions, our counselors aim to:
- Advise students and parents on high school programs and academic curriculum, preparing them for college application and admission .
- Help prepare students to enter a high school graduation track that fits their needs and goals.
- Plan and prepare students for college admissions tests, SAT and ACT.
- Provide workshops, classes, and special presentations that focus on career readiness and personal development.
The Academic Guidance Department also:
- Analyzes standardized test data for 3rd-12th grades
- Monitors academic success
- Builds student graduation plans
- Coordinates dual credit programs
- Provides scholarship guidance
- Conduct student advisory periods that are build into student’s schedule
- Coordinates college visits for high school students
- Conducts resume workshops and college prep orientations
Meet our Academic Guidance Counselors
Mehnaz Kafray received her BA in Secondary English Education and Masters in Educational Leadership with Principal Certification. She is currently the Academic Guidance Counselor and the Dual Credit Coordinator. Focusing primarily on college and career readiness, with over 10 years of experience as an educator, Mehnaz has great motivation to develop academically successful, strong, young Muslim leaders.
If you have any questions for our Academic Guidance Counselor, or wish to make an appointment, you can email her at email@example.com or (972) 675-2062 Ext. 102
Ekram Skaik earned her bachelor’s in Business Administration from the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) in 2002. She worked as a Social Services Coordinator for a Dallas based nonprofit organization. She is an active community member and has led various youth groups and Muslim Students’ organizations. Ekram is the Academic Guidance Counselor for 6th-10th grades and the campus testing coordinator.
If you have any questions for our Academic Guidance Counselor, or wish to make an appointment, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (972) 675-2062 Ext. 122