Excellence in high school athletic programs is determined by academic achievement in the classroom, as well as the development of character, maturity and a sense of fair play in athletic competition. Such excellence creates support for the school among its constituent groups including students, fans, alumni and friends at all levels of interest.
After School Sport Coaches 2017-2018
Tamara Wilkett, High School Basketball and Volleyball Coach
Worked/coached under Garland Girls Basketball Association (GGBA), and Sellers Middle School in Garland Independent School District (GISD) for consecutive years in the past.
Played volleyball all through middle and high school.
Played basketball from five years old all the way through college.
Made First team all District twice while in high school.
Graduated in 2010 from Garland high school and went on to play college basketball at University of the Ozarks for four years.
Was ranked #9 in the American Southwest Conference in 3-pointers.
After graduating in 2014, she went overseas to further her career in Germany and Belgium.
Enjoys coaching the girls at BHA the most because they work hard everyday.
Fun fact: she loves to travel and meet new people.
Carla Canty, Cross Country, Track & Field, Volleyball, and Basketball Coach
- Participated in sports from a very young age.
- Received a division 1 college scholarship in track and field from Boise State University.
- Studied IT and currently works as a computer programmer for Dallas County.
- She began creating and implementing programs and opportunities for youth and women to participate in sports.
- Currently involved with BHA as a coach as well as elementary and middle school sports coordinator.
Jasmine Yim, High School Assistant Volleyball Coach
This is her first year coaching volleyball.
- Played competitive volleyball for 7 years.
- Was captain of the BHA Varsity volleyball team since it began in 2012.
- Was the official captain when BHA was accepted into TAPPS for two years in a row.
- Won Honorable Mention All District in 11th grade and 2nd Team All District in 12th grade for BHA.
- Enjoys coaching volleyball because she feels like this is what her purpose is for BHA.
- Fun fact: She is planning on playing college volleyball at UTD in the Spring while also majoring in business management.
Harroon Ismail, High School Soccer Coach
- Played club soccer for eight years.
- Played college soccer for three years.
- Received ‘Sig Lawson’ Award for dedication and commitment to Austic College Athletics.
- Was captain of the Austin College Men’s soccer team in 2015-2016.
- Enjoys coaching soccer at BHA to train students to become better players and because of the Muslim environment.
Shaima Mansour, MS & HS PE Teacher, Cross Country, Track, and Girls Off Season Training Coach
- Previously worked as a master fitness trainer.
- Enjoys coaching as it is an exciting part of her job. It deepens her relationship with the students. It gives her a sense of satisfaction in coaching and watching others grow.