Student athletes must be given the best opportunity possible to strive for the highest athletic standards through the best preparation, motivation and support.The Athletic Department at Brighter Horizons Academy competes in Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (T.A.P.P.S.) programs for young men and women equally characterized by strong Islamic values. It is the belief of the Athletic Department that our staff and programs develop and hold the concept of the student athlete at the highest level of importance. Our student athletes will be at the core of departmental priorities and decisions. Our student athletes will be viewed as individuals first, students second, and only then as athletes. Our goal is to focus on producing high school graduates who embody the “entire person” principle – mind, body and soul. Excellence in high school athletic programs is determined by academic achievement in the classroom, as well as the development of character, maturity and a sense of fair play in athletic competition. Such excellence creates support for the school among its constituent groups including students, fans, alumni and friends at all levels of interest.
After School Sport Coaches
Varsity and Junior Varsity Boys Basketball Coach
- Garland native who played point guard for Garland High School
- Selected as McDonald’s All American nominee and received All Region and All District honors.
- Was awarded an athletic scholarship to play guard for Central Michigan University where he earned his degree in Sports Management.
- Coached youth basketball for a local AAU basketball team for four years.
- Currently teaches Health and PE at Hickman Elementary
Cross Country, Track & Field, Volleyball, and Basketball Coach
- Participated in sports from a very young age.
- Received a division 1 college scholarship in track and field from Boise State University.
- Studied IT and currently works as a computer programmer for Dallas County.
- She began creating and implementing programs and opportunities for youth and women to participate in sports.
- Currently involved with BHA as a coach as well as elementary and middle school sports coordinator.
3145 Medical Plaza Dr.,
Garland, TX 75044
“Brighter Horizons Academy is a model educational institution that produces generations of leaders to be successful in this life and the Hereafter.”
“Brighter Horizons Academy aims to develop practicing Muslim leaders who are lifelong learners that serve their diverse community and global society as respectful citizens.”