The IB Learner
The IB learner profile brings to life the aspirations of a community of IB World Schools dedicated to student centered education. IB programs promote the development of schools that:
- Create educational opportunities that encourage healthy relationships, individual and shared responsibility and effective teamwork and collaboration
- Help students make informed, reasoned, ethical judgments and develop the flexibility, perseverance and confidence they need in order to bring about meaningful change
- Inspire students to ask questions, to pursue personal aspirations, to set challenging goals and to develop the persistence to achieve them
- Encourage the creation of rich personal and cultural identities.
- These educational outcomes are profoundly shaped by the relationships between teachers and students; teachers are intellectual leaders who can empower students to develop confidence and personal responsibility. Challenging learning environments help students to develop the imagination and motivation they need in order to meet their own needs and the needs of others.
IB programmes emphasize learning how to learn, helping students interact effectively with the learning environments they encounter and encouraging them to value learning as an essential and integral part of their everyday lives.
Teaching and Learning
Teaching and learning in the IB celebrates the many ways people work together to construct meaning and make sense of the world. Through the interplay of asking, doing and thinking, this constructivist approach leads towards open, democratic classrooms. An IB education empowers young people for a lifetime of learning, independently and in collaboration with others. It prepares a community of learners to engage with global challenges through inquiry, action and reflection.
Impact on a BHA Student’s Learning Experience
The PYP program will cultivate independent learners. Students will be taught through real world applications, which will improve their problem solving skills. As students progress through their education, they will most likely perform better in their AP and dual credit classes. Students who have been through an IB program also have improved standardized testing scores, including improvement on the SAT due to the critical thinking skills incorporated into the content being taught. The skills they develop throughout their elementary years will prepare them for the academic and life challenges they will face as young adults. This program emphasizes the development of a well-rounded learner who is educated in a holistic environment with a global perspective.
3145 Medical Plaza Dr.,
Garland, TX 75044
“Brighter Horizons Academy is a model educational institution that produces generations of leaders to be successful in this life and the Hereafter.”
“Brighter Horizons Academy aims to develop practicing Muslim leaders who are lifelong learners that serve their diverse community and global society as respectful citizens.”