This is our second year competing in Volleyball with T.A.P.P.S. against other Dallas-area private schools.
Volleyball is a Fall sport invented in 1895 by YMCA physical education director William G. Morgan. It is the only high energy and zero body contact team sport you can play indoors or outdoors.
Volleyball requires skill, fitness, strategic thinking, and the desire to play as part of a team. Whatever level you play at, volleyball can enhance your life by improving overall fitness and coordination.
We currently have two volleyball sports programs:
- High School TAPPS Volleyball Program (9th-12th)
- Elementary and Middle School Volleyball Program (5th-8th grades)
Tamara Wilkett, High School Coach
Worked/coached under Garland Girls Basketball Association (GGBA), and Sellers Middle School in Garland Independent School District (GISD) for consecutive years in the past.
Played volleyball all through middle and high school.
Played basketball from five years old all the way through college.
Made First team all District twice while in high school.
Graduated in 2010 from Garland high school and went on to play college basketball at University of the Ozarks for four years.
Was ranked #9 in the American Southwest Conference in 3-pointers.
After graduating in 2014, she went overseas to further her career in Germany and Belgium.
Enjoys coaching the girls at BHA the most because they work hard everyday.
Fun fact: she loves to travel and meet new people.
Nosheen Ahmad, Middle School Coach
- Coached BHA girls for two years.
- Coached with Garland Volleyball Association (GVA) for over a year.
- In Spring 2016, her middle school team placed second in the GVA.
Previously coached in a New Jersey Islamic school.
Played on a Muslim women’s volleyball league.
Loves playing and coaching volleyball.
- Works as a toxicologist for Johnson and Johnson.
- Fun fact: She loves to cook with all kinds of recipes.
Carla Canty, Middle School Coach
- Participated in sports from a very young age.
- Received a division 1 college scholarship in track and field from Boise State University.
- Studied IT and currently works as a computer programmer for Dallas County.
- She began creating and implementing programs and opportunities for youth and women to participate in sports.
- Currently involved with BHA as a coach as well as elementary and middle school sports coordinator.
Jasmine Yim, 5th Grade and High School Assistant Coach
This is her first year coaching volleyball.
- Played competitive volleyball for 7 years.
- Was captain of the BHA Varsity volleyball team since it began in 2012.
- Was the official captain when BHA was accepted into TAPPS for two years in a row.
- Won Honorable Mention All District in 11th grade and 2nd Team All District in 12th grade for BHA.
- Enjoys coaching volleyball because she feels like this is what her purpose is for BHA.
- Fun fact: She is planning on playing college volleyball at UTD in the Spring while also majoring in business management.