As a college preparatory school, Brighter Horizons Academy recognizes the importance of not only educating future leaders, but ensuring a wholesome and professional administrative staff to support students and faculty to reach their fullest potential. We are committed to hiring qualified, professional teachers and administrators to lead our school. If you are dedicated to the success of students and Brighter Horizons Academy, email us your resume and cover letter. Brighter Horizons Academy does not discriminate in any employment practice on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
10 Reasons to Work at BHA
Download the Employment Application here.
Submitting your Employment Application
By Email: Please complete the employment application and email along with your resume to: email@example.com
By Fax: Please complete the employment application and fax along with your resume to (972)675-2063 attention HR Department
By Mail: Please complete the employment application and mail along with your resume to
BHA- Attention HR Dept.
3145 Medical Plaza Dr.
Garland, TX 75044
In person: Please complete the employment application and submit along with your resume to the front desk of either building.
Submissions will not be considered complete unless the resume and application is submitted. 4 professional references must be included on the application.
As the first school to join TAPPS and compete against other Texas private schools, we are looking for coaches who can motivate our athletes to success. Sports for which we need coaches include boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, volleyball, track and field, cross country, and golf.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Experience in the sport for which you are applying
- Ability to motivate and coach students
- Ability to travel with the team to away games
- Commitment to practices
- Ability to comply with TAPPS rules and regulations
A Full-time Substitute (also referred to as “Super Sub”) is responsible for providing classroom coverage for a teacher who is absent. Also assigned tasks as needed by principal. This is a full time position.
- Ensuring student safety.
- Teaching when a teacher is absent.
- Following lesson plans left by the teacher. This will assure continuity of instruction for the students.
- Attending teachers’ meetings.
- Helping homeroom teachers with lesson planning.
- Helping homeroom teachers with grading and updating Sycamore.
- Tutoring students in need of academic help.
- Assisting homeroom teacher with small group instruction.
- Maintaining accurate student attendance records.
- Following school rules and regulations.
- Leaving the classroom orderly and clean.
- Enforcing student conduct and discipline codes.
- Handling routine disciplinary problems, and contacting school administration if problem escalates.
- Alerting appropriate personnel of any problems encountered.
- Seeking relevant resources for teachers.
- Maintaining professional attitude and loyalty towards the Academy.
- Maintaining confidentiality about BHA students, their families, and employees.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the school’s principal (i.e. clerical work, lunch, recess, dismissal, monitoring, etc.)
Extracurricular and Events Assistant
The extracurricular and event assistant should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, well organized and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers
Assist Extracurricular and Events Coordinator in the follow
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities
- Create and revise room layouts for each event
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Assist with managing on-site production and cleanup for events as necessary
- Prepare name tags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, etc.
- Close out all events as required
- Calculate budgets and ensure they are adhered to
- Select restaurants or catering companies to prepare food for events
- Visit venue to plan layout of seating and decorations
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Initiate, coordinate and/or participate in all efforts to publicize event
- Prepare presentations
- Develop and assist fundraising events
- Negotiate and secure event space
- Manage correspondence
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials
- Support and pre- and post-event evaluations
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials
- Manage on site and external student clubs
- Other task as assigned by coordinator
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches
Full-Time Human Resources Administrator
The position is primarily responsible for maintaining HR administrative functions in the area of HR system maintenance and updating records, time and attendance assistance, recruitment, on-boarding, benefits, and termination assistance. The HR Administrator job entails providing support and coordination in the consistent and effective application of policies, procedures, and practices of the Human Resources department. The candidate must show the commitment to BHA’s faith inspired values and principles as well as a commitment to the vision and mission of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in assisting the employee recruitment, on-boarding, orientation, training, retention and off-boarding efforts.
- Coordinates new hire orientation by ensuring proper paperwork is completed and working closely with the hiring manager and other stakeholders.
- Forwards incoming candidate resumes to appropriate managers.
- Supports the hiring managers with reference checking and background procedures.
- Maintains the filing system and HR documents as required.
- Create and update employee contracts
- Follows up on any missing documents and ensures accuracy and completion of records for new, current and terminated employees.
- Ensure all termination procedures are completed in a timely manner (including the shutdown of all access to systems) and utilize the checklist.
- Document and maintain all HR policies and procedures.
- Administer payroll and benefits (provide employee information sessions on benefits).
- Supports management to include preparation of charts, presentations, excel spreadsheets, etc.
- Compiles and provides data and reports as required.
- Maintain detailed HR budget documentation
- Processes vendor invoices and employee reimbursements.
- Assists in incentive programs to help with employee retention and morale.
- Assists managers in posting internal and external position openings, as appropriate (including traveling to job fairs, posting ads in the community and etc.)
- Provides administrative support to management and performs other duties as assigned.
- Light travel may be required.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in human resources, in a HR Administrator type of role.
- HR experience in a school environment is helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage projects and multi-task.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Be proactive and engaged.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal/oral communications skills, with the ability to communicate skilfully with internal staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to work with multiple work styles and personalities in a team-based approach.
- Technical proficiency in HR systems, Microsoft Office with intermediary to advance Excel skills and use of databases to generate reports, as necessary.
- Must exhibit a strong customer focus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.