As a college preparatory school, Brighter Horizons Academy recognizes the importance of not only educating future leaders, but ensuring a wholesome and professional administrative staff to support students and faculty to reach their fullest potential. We are committed to hiring qualified, professional teachers and administrators to lead our school. If you are dedicated to the success of students and Brighter Horizons Academy, email us your resume and cover letter. Brighter Horizons Academy does not discriminate in any employment practice on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.
10 Reasons to Work at BHA
Download the Employment Application here.
Submitting your Employment Application
By Email: Please complete the employment application and email along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax: Please complete the employment application and fax along with your resume to (972)675-2063 attention HR Department
By Mail: Please complete the employment application and mail along with your resume to
BHA- Attention HR Dept.
3145 Medical Plaza Dr.
Garland, TX 75044
In person: Please complete the employment application and submit along with your resume to the front desk of either building.
Submissions will not be considered complete unless the resume and application is submitted. 4 professional references must be included on the application.
As the first school to join TAPPS and compete against other Texas private schools, we are looking for coaches who can motivate our athletes to success. Sports for which we need coaches include boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, volleyball, track and field, cross country, and golf.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Experience in the sport for which you are applying
- Ability to motivate and coach students
- Ability to travel with the team to away games
- Commitment to practices
- Ability to comply with TAPPS rules and regulations
Middle and High School Math Teacher
Instruct through lectures and demonstrations, adapting teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests in Math.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals
- Participate in ongoing training sessions
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year
- Maintain grade books
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education
- Create lesson plans
- Utilize various curriculum resources
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met
- Tutor students on an individual basis
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- Prepare and distribute required reports
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance
- Bachelors Degree
- Texas teaching certificate
- Previous experience preferred but not necessary for hiring
Elementary Computer Teacher
The computer teacher is a vocational educator in the field of computer science and related technological areas who coaches and teaches students in the fundamentals of computer software and hardware.
- Evaluates student performances in class and on tests and provides feedback.
- Creates lesson plans that are appropriate for the age and abilities of the students in the class
- Assigns special projects to students
- Communicates students’ progress to parents, particularly regarding students who need tutoring or other extra assistance
- Provides appropriate resources and learning materials for students
- Identifies varying teaching methods that work best for students who learn differently
- Develops and updates curriculum for the classroom.
- Conducts research
- Encourages creativity in students
- Maintains computer laboratories and keeps an inventory of supplies
- Ensures that computer equipment is functioning properly
- Maintains accurate records of students’ progress in class and on examinations
- Keeps order in the classroom and handles student behavior issues in accordance with school system policies
- Maintains an orderly classroom stocked with appropriate supplies
- Stays up-to-date on changes and advancements in computer technology taught in the classroom
- Petitions administrators for updated hardware and software for the classroom.
- Runs the classroom within the allocated budget
- Keeps all classroom work backed up
- Ensures that the internet in the classroom is used only for appropriate educational purposes
- Posts grades and sends grade reports to parents as required by the school system
- Bachelor’s degree of related subject from accredited university
- Texas teaching certificate
- Experience is preferred
Elementary Islamic Studies and Quran Teacher
The Islamic Studies/Quran teacher provides Islamic Studies instruction to students in grades 4th and 5th grades. This teacher creates an educational atmosphere where students are granted the opportunity to fulfill their potential of becoming knowledgeable and productive Muslims.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
- Plans lessons and coordinates with other instructional staff
- Develops a deep knowledge of the various curricula and explores the best ways in which to deliver content to the students
- Sets and implements rules of discipline in accordance to the schools policies and the principal’s directives
- Organizes extra-curricular activities related to the Islamic events and holidays
- Completes all grading, creates weekly lesson plans and report cards, and conducts parent conferences in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and staff on a regular basis in order to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Supports students and parents with alternate strategies and provides additional assistance with daily assignments and projects
- Models spiritual maturity in leading students towards Islam and spiritual growth
- Inculcates the kids with a sense of respect, order and self-discipline while encouraging them to be innovative and curious
- Assumes responsibility for and demonstrates gains in student performance
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating with others, etc.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of Tarbiyah.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Texas teaching certificate preferred
- Ijaza Preferred
- Experience is preferred but not necessary for hiring
Public Relations Administrator
The Public Relations Administrator will be responsible for providing communication/public relations services for the school. The director functions as a communications coordinator during emergencies, produces components for specific programs and activities and publishes a newsletter. Prepare and provide information to the public about the activities, goals, and policies of the school. Distribute pertinent information about the school and its activities to employees and parents.
- Serves as information liaison between the school and the community at large, represents the school within various community organizations.
- Sets annual objectives for and evaluates the school’s community relations program, to include budget planning for meeting those objectives.
- Serves as liaison person between the school and the news media and supervises the production and distribution of news releases.
- Cooperates with school administrators and other staff members, as appropriate, in publicizing and promoting performances, exhibitions, displays, dedications or special programs sponsored by the schools and open to the public.
- Oversees the writing and production of the school newsletter.
- Prior to final publication, reviews and edits all school publications which will be disseminated to the general public.
- Recommends innovative avenues of communication for external and internal audiences.
- Solicits feedback through formal and informal means on activities, products and purposes of the community relations program and the school in general.
- Develops and maintains accurate records of the school’s public relations program.
- Coordinates and manages city, state and national campaigns and programs.
- Provides professional assistance in the development of various publications (brochures, newsletters, letters, and information bulletins) for school and departments.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, mass communications, or equivalent experience Professional experience in a full-time public relations position
- Working knowledge of internal and external public relations programs
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, Microsoft Publisher
- Mastery of communications skills
- Understanding of the importance of two-way communication