Our academic counselors align and work with the Academy’s mission to support the academic achievement of all students to ensure they are prepared to become the next generation of parents, workers, leaders and citizens. Students need support, guidance and opportunities during this time of rapid growth and change. They will face unique and diverse challenges, both personally and developmentally, that have an impact on academic achievement. Our academic guidance counselors are devoted to meeting the needs of our high school students.
Through one-on-one counseling sessions, our counselors aim to:
- Advise students and parents on high school programs that align with student goals.
- Provide workshops, classes, and special presentations that focus on career readiness and personal development.
- Facilitate the College Application Process and building leadership skills.
- Support students in identifying strengths and generating long-term goals,
The College Guidance Department also:
- Monitor student success by analyzing standardized test scores.
- Builds student graduation plans
- Coordinates Dual Credit and AP.
- Provides scholarship, volunteer, and internship guidance.
- Conduct student Advisory Sessions by grade level.
- Coordinates college visits for high school students
- Conducts resume writing and interview prep sessions.
Meet our College Guidance Counselors
Mehnaz Kafray received her BA in Secondary English Education and Masters in Educational Leadership with Principal Certification. She is currently the Academic Guidance Counselor and the Dual Credit Coordinator. Focusing primarily on college and career readiness, with over 10 years of experience as an educator, Mehnaz has great motivation to develop academically successful, strong, young Muslim leaders.
If you have any questions for our Academic Guidance Counselor, or wish to make an appointment, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (972) 675-2062 Ext. 102
Rabia Khattak received her Master's Degree in British Literature. She also received her Bachelor's degree with a focus in British Literature and Islamic Jurisprudence. Rabia has been a part of the Islamic school systems for more than 10 years and strongly believes in their mission. She strives to instill motivation, responsibility and respect within the framework of Islamic values in the minds and heart of our aspiring future leaders.
If you have any questions for our Academic Guidance Counselor, or wish to make an appointment, you can email her at email@example.com or (972) 675-2062 Ext. 122.
3145 Medical Plaza Dr.,
Garland, TX 75044
“Brighter Horizons Academy is a model educational institution that produces generations of leaders to be successful in this life and the Hereafter.”
“Brighter Horizons Academy aims to develop practicing Muslim leaders who are lifelong learners that serve their diverse community and global society as respectful citizens.”