Naviance is a college and career readiness platform that helps connect academic achievement to post-secondary goals. College success begins with awareness, it is therefore critical that the idea of colleges and careers is introduced as early as Elementary school.
Naviance is a comprehensive tool that puts Middle and High school students in control of their academic journey. Students can use Family Connection, the portal for students and families, to research careers, colleges, scholarships, request transcripts, recommendation letters, and much more. Another great feature of Naviance is ACT/SAT Test prep, which allows the students to take a diagnostic test and customize a study plan based on their individual strengths and areas that need improvement. In addition, students will have full access to full length simulated practice tests, lessons, and customizable flash cards.
What it’s Used for
- College Planning
- College Search and Apply
- Scholarship Search
- SAT/ACT Prep
- Career Matching
- Strengths Explorer
- Links to volunteer opportunities and internships
- What do you want to do in the future? How will you get there? Create a great path to your dreams, insha’Allah.
- A professional looking resume can help you apply for a job or assist your teachers in writing your letters of recommendation.
- Record your high school activities, awards, volunteer experiences, etc.
- Rearrange your information into multiple printable versions of your resume to present to potential employers and colleges
- 2 year? 4 year? Texas, or out of state? Find and learn more about schools that are the right fit for you.
- Set search criteria to yield a list of colleges to explore. Save your search to access/modify.
- Click on various tabs of individual college profiles to learn more about financial aid, majors, degrees, and campus life.
- After using your specific search criteria to explore colleges that may fit your needs, you may have other colleges in mind based on family history, personal preferences, or scholarship opportunities. You can always add these colleges to your list.
Manage the college application process:
- Request transcripts and letters of recommendation and organize your scholarship applications.
- Personality surveys and questionnaires will help you learn more about yourself.
- Completion of the assessment will generate a report that will provide you with important information about your personality characteristics. You will learn about careers matched to you, your personal strengths, how you negotiate your daily life, and a host of other useful information.
Career interest profiler:
- Find careers that are a great match for your strengths and personality.
- A career interest survey. Use the results to explore suggested occupations; examine the education, training, and skills required, as well as wages typical for these occupations.
- The information is also useful when exploring possible college majors.
- All tests taken throughout high school will be uploaded to Naviance so you can see your scores at any time
- Once your personal information is completed and your college interests are searched, you are ready to look for scholarships.
- Local and national scholarship opportunities are posted to give you the maximum options.
“Brighter Horizons Academy will be a model Islamic educational system within which learners may develop to their fullest potential and become a generation of leaders and individuals who are highly motivated to be successful in this life and beyond.”
“The Academy’s mission is to graduate practicing Muslim leaders and responsible citizens who are well prepared for college entrance and career challenges of the twenty-first century.”