BHA’s Main building sits on 9.6 acres in Garland, TX, a suburb of Dallas.
The Main building was built as phase one of three and opened its doors for operation in September 1999.
The Main building is home to grades 5th through 12th.
The facility is 28,000 square feet in diameter and consists of:
- 36 classrooms
- Computer Lab
- 2 Science Labs
- Teacher’s Workroom and Computer Center
- Multi-Purpose Hall
- Gymnasium (Indoor Basketball and Volleyball Courts)
- Prayer Area
- Wudu Areas
- High School Student Lounge
- High School Weight Room
- Staff Conference Room
- Student Services Offices:
- Health Office
- Student Behavioral Guidance Office
- Academic College Guidance Office
Early Childhood & Elementary Building (ECE)
In November 2004 an opportunity to purchase a medical plaza, 24,000 square feet in diameter (sitting on 4.5 acres of land) adjacent to BHA’s Main building became available and was purchased by the (ISF) Islamic Services Foundation, the parent organization of BHA, for $1.5 million. Renovations on the existing building were made, and in January 2005 the grand opening of our Early Childhood & Elementary building (ECE ) was held.
The ECE building then went through additional renovations to update the teacher workroom, hallways, lobby area, and Media Center/Library in the Summer of 2017. ECE is currently home to our PK through 4th grade students.
The building consists of:
- 15 Classrooms
- Computer Lab
- Teacher’s Workroom
- Media Center (Library & Computer Lab)
- ISF-BHA Musallah
- Wudu Areas
- IB-PYP Conference & Resource Room
- PK – KG (cutoff age October 1st)
- PK – 12th Grade: Hosting more than 800 students.
- College courses and AP Courses offered to 10th – 12th grade students.
- Honors and Advanced Courses offered as early as 6th grade.
- Admin: 7:30am – 4:00pm
- Elementary Students: 7:45am – 2:30pm
- Middle School Students: 2:30pm
- High School Students: 2:09pm
Curriculum & Academics
- Texas aligned curriculum is adopted.
- STAAR test administrated annually: 3rd – 8th grade.
- EOC test administered annually: 9th grade.
- MAP testing designed as benchmark testing.
- TSI college entrance exam for college admitted students.
- PSAT standardized test administered annually to students as early as 7th grade.
- Duke university TIP – Talent Identification Program.
- Qualified and Super Mastery Certified Staff
- Teacher incentives for pursuing Texas Teaching Certifications.
- Continuous staff development programs for teachers.
- Over 14 acres of land
- Two buildings – one location
- Early Childhood and Elementary building
- Middle and High School Building
- Outdoor playground
- Basketball courts (indoor and outdoor)
- Soccer field
- Gymnansium: Indoor Basketball courts and Volleyball.
- Sycamore Education based: Parents/Teachers communication
- Managebac for Elementary IB Program and MYP: Planning, assessment and reporting platform.
- Accelerated Reader for Secular and Islamic literature.
College Prep Courses
- Dual Credit College courses on campus for 11th graders and at Richland College for 12th graders.
- Optional concurrent enrollment at BHA and Richland College.
- Honor Courses.
- Pre AP and AP (Advanced Placement) courses.
- PSAT, SAT, ACT guidance through College Guidance Department.
- Advisory and College Applications courses.
Registration & Enrollment
- Tuition discount for siblings
- Tuition discount for staff children
- Financial assistance for needy families according to “No Muslim Child Left Behind (NMCLB) Declaration.
- 3-Track available programs for Graduation
- Advanced, Distinguished, distinguished with completion of DCCCD core, Distinguished with completion of Associate’s degree, and Accelerated graduation programs.
- Recent graduates admitted to Princeton, SMU, Georgie Tech, Loyola University, UT Austin, Texas A&M, Rice University, Texas Women’s University, Texas Tech University, UT Arlington, UTD, Baylor University, Johnson and Wales, and Syracuse University,
Subjects Taught On Campus
- Math: Elementary Mathematics, Alegbra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, AP Calculus.
- Science: Elementary Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- English: English (I, II, III, IV), Ap English Composition, AP English Literature & Composition
- Social Studies: AP World History, World Geography, Texas History, U.S. History
- Drama: Elementary Drama
- High School Electives: Civic Engagement, Visual Arts, Psychology
- Physical Education for Elementary, Middle School, and 9th Grade.
- Computer Technology for Elementary and Middle School
- Quran, Islamic Studies, and Arabic (I, II, III, IV)
- Advisory for 11th and 12th grade
Quran & Islamic Studies Subjects
- Quran Hifz, Quran Tajweed, Quran Tafseer
- Islamic Studies
- Arabic Language Acquisition
- Daily Dhuhr and weekly Jummah prayers.
Life Skills Programs
- Everfi Financial Literacy Program
- Annual Life Skills Seminars
- Periodic Tarbiyah (Character Education) Programs
- Drug Abuse/Anti-bullying forums
- Health Education & Awareness forums
Sports & Physical Activities
- Elementary: Soccer teams
- Middle School: Basketball, Volleyball, and Soccer Teams
- TAPPS High School Athletics Program: Track & Field, Cross Country, Basketball, Soccer, and Volleyball.
- Monthly Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) meetings.
- Periodic Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Coffee with the Leadership Program
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Informative Sessions on School Programs
- Sports Clubs
- Academic Competitions (including National Geography & Spelling Bee Contests)
- Service Oriented Clubs: Student Council, National Honor Society, UNICEF Club
- Science Club & Annual Science Fair
- Arts & Crafts Clubs
- Book Clubs
3145 Medical Plaza Dr.,
Garland, TX 75044
“Brighter Horizons Academy is a model educational institution that produces generations of leaders to be successful in this life and the Hereafter.”
“Brighter Horizons Academy aims to develop practicing Muslim leaders who are lifelong learners that serve their diverse community and global society as respectful citizens.”