Our behavioral guidance counselors offer students and staff a sage and confidential spce for social and emotional supprt. We take the physical, social, emotional, and academic health of our students seriously, and the guidance counselor is one pillar in the support of developing successful leaders.
- Serve as listeners and mentors to students and their families in times of need.
- Use individual and group counseling to help children reach developmental goals.
- Work with teachers to provide guidance.
- Offer meetings and session with parents if needed.
- Help in the process of referrals (outside assistance, GISD assessments, etc.)
- Coordinate motivational seminars such as-
- Anti-bullying awareness
- Drug-free awareness
- Internet safety
- Self-esteem promotion
- Develop campus-wide programs targeted to youth to discuss social and emotional health and coping with student life.
Some common issues that students face:
- Academic-Learning Issues
- Social Skills
- Juggling Life and Religion
- Leadership Skills
- Gender Relations
- Social Media
Meet our Behavioral Guidance Counselors
Nadia Haque earned her bachelors from Louisiana State University in Psychology. She completed a teacher training program and obtained a certification in teaching English as a second language. She has been a teacher for the past 12 years, teaching at varying levels from elementary to university. This is her fourth year at BHA. Currently, she is working on her Masters in Counseling from Southern Methodist University.
3145 Medical Plaza Dr.,
Garland, TX 75044
“Brighter Horizons Academy is a model educational institution that produces generations of leaders to be successful in this life and the Hereafter.”
“Brighter Horizons Academy aims to develop practicing Muslim leaders who are lifelong learners that serve their diverse community and global society as respectful citizens.”