BHA Updated – February 2021
The mission of the BHA discipline policy is to inspire excellence in character and action according to the Quran and Sunnah. This will be achieved through character development (Tarbiyah), reflection, guidance, and accountability. The basic principle of our discipline policy is to ensure the safety of the children and to provide an opportunity for the enrichment of their learning process.
BHA Codes of Conduct
- BHA K1 – “Respecting Authority and Rules”
- Honor the Dress Code
- Only bring school supplies on campus; keep all electronic devices away unless expressly permitted otherwise.
- Remain obedient to staff and comply with school rules.
- Remain in specified, designated areas at all times.
- Be respectful and obedient to faculty at all times.
- Follow instructions and teacher’s directions at all times.
- BHA K2 – “Manners of Speech”
- Students are expected to speak with excellence at all times.
- BHA K3 – “Conflict Resolution”
- Students are expected to take positive, proactive steps to discussing, reforming, and resolving any conflict between themselves and faculty by using the means available to them.
- BHA K4 – “Respecting Each other”
- Be respectful of classmates at all times, physically and verbally.
- Students are expected to be honest, courteous, and kind to each other at all times, per Student Policies.
- Take care of BHA Property during on campus; students should never take anything from BHA, Faculty, or Students, at all times.
- Respect the building, grounds, and property.
- Keep the campus free from trash and graffiti
- Do not vandalize school property (lockers, desks, buildings, bathroom, etc.)
- BHA K5 – “Self-Respect”
- Students are to act with academic integrity at all times.
- Students are required to be on time and present during class unless given a written excuse.
3145 Medical Plaza Dr.,
Garland, TX 75044
“Brighter Horizons Academy is a model educational institution that produces generations of leaders to be successful in this life and the Hereafter.”
“Brighter Horizons Academy aims to develop practicing Muslim leaders who are lifelong learners that serve their diverse community and global society as respectful citizens.”