Fifth Grade Mock Exhibition 2019
The Unit Framework is as follows:
Theme: Where We Are In Place and Time
Central Idea: Migration leads to opportunity
Lines of Inquiry:
- The development of a country leads to migration.
- Reasons for migration.
- Conflict leads to change in a society.
What is the Exhibition?
The Exhibition Unit is an opportunity for the Fifth grade students to put into practice and exhibit what they have learned throughout their PYP experience at BHA. As IB learners, students are expected to apply the Five essential elements of the PYP throughout the exhibition process. Please see the attached sheet for explanation of the Five Essential Elements.
The PYP exhibition has a number of key purposes:
- for students to engage in an in-depth, collaborative inquiry
- to provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate independence and responsibility for their own learning
- to provide students with an opportunity to explore multiple perspectives
- for students to synthesize and apply their learning of previous years and to reflect upon their journey through the PYP
- to provide an authentic process for assessing student understanding
- to demonstrate how students can take action as a result of their learning
- to unite the students, teachers, parents and other members of the school community in a collaborative experience that incorporates the essential elements of the PYP
- to celebrate the transition of learners from primary to middle/secondary education.
3145 Medical Plaza Dr.,
Garland, TX 75044
“Brighter Horizons Academy is a model educational institution that produces generations of leaders to be successful in this life and the Hereafter.”
“Brighter Horizons Academy aims to develop practicing Muslim leaders who are lifelong learners that serve their diverse community and global society as respectful citizens.”