Students PreK-10th will focus on Qur’an memorization and understanding of the Qur’an. 3rd-10th graders are split into 2-3 levels depending on their ability to read and recite verses from the Qur’an. Each level varies in difficulty of material being taught.
11th and 12th graders will focus on the Tafsir of the Qur’an (understanding and applications learned). Selections of the Qur’an will be discussed and will correlate with what is being learned in their Islamic Studies class.
Qur’an class periods are separate from a student’s Islamic Studies class period.
Goals of the Qur’an Curriculum:
- To be able to read the Qur’an in Arabic with proper Tajweed (rules of recitation)
- To understand the Surah’s of the Qur’an (Chapters of the Qur’an)
- To understand the general meaning of the verses in Qur’an
- To know the meaning of key words
- To apply the lessons learned from the verses
- To be able to teach verses of the Qur’an to others
“Brighter Horizons Academy is a model educational institution that produces generations of leaders to be successful in this life and the Hereafter.”
“Brighter Horizons Academy aims to develop practicing Muslim leaders who are lifelong learners that serve their diverse community and global society as respectful citizens.”